Wednesday, May 11, 2011

spring has finally sprung!

Spring is finally in the air and I am loving every minute of it. The sun has finally decided to come out and the flowers are starting to bloom. Now Little Miss L. wants to spend all day outdoors, and I am not going to complain one bit. I love seeing her explore the world around her as she uses all of her senses - I am amazed at what excites her. Her imagination is in overdrive as she picks up a stick and says it is a pencil to make a picture; as she stops every time she sees a flower and bends over to smell it; as she looks up into the blue sky and tells me the birds are singing a song. These are the moments that allow me to stop and remind myself of the beauty of nature that surrounds us. I love love love sitting quietly, doing nothing, watching my little girl as she has masters climbing the playground on her own, as she giggles and squeals down the slide in delight because she does not need mommy's help anymore...
My little girl growing up so fast.
Mommy is learning to let her little girl be independent.
Watching as she builds mommy a castle.
Learning that my child wants to know I am there for her but wants me to keep my distance, as she is a big girl now and very capable of doing things on her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment