Tuesday, July 12, 2011

celery and pregnancy??

Celery has become my new best friend. You can find us hand-in-hand about four times a day - you might ask "why?" Well, it has been said that eating celery during pregnancy, especially in the third trimester, can help your skin while it is stretching and expanding as your baby grows. Celery is said to be rich in silica, a mineral that is important to tone and firm your skin.

I love love love the fact that celery is a quick snack that I can grab on the go and it's great because my skin needs all the support it can get right now! If you get bored, you can always add some peanut butter, cream cheese, dip it in salad dressing or hummus. Momma's-to-be- hit up your local market or grocery store and stalk up on celery!
Even Little Miss L. loves to have her celery too!
*It should be noted that I am eating fresh stalks of celery and I am not consuming celery oil or seeds, which has been noted to be unsafe during pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment