Tuesday, May 10, 2011

mother's day weekend

I had a fan-tab-u-lous mother's day weekend with my family and friends. It couldn't have been any better if I planned it myself. As you all know, the hubby and I are in the process of moving into our new home. Before we fully transition ourselves into the new abode, there were a few things we wanted to "fix up" if you will. I really don't hate carpets, but let's just say I am not a huge fan of them - we have a love-hate type relationship.. I love love love hardwood in the bedrooms, but when it comes to our basement rec room I am all about the soft cushy feel under my feet. With raging hormones and desperately wanting to get settled in before the new arrival, I wanted the floors in the bedrooms done as soon as possible. My good friend was able to talk her father and hubby into coming and installing our floors. They worked hard for three days and I was left with three beautifully completed rooms. So, a big shout out goes to Brian and Marc for all your hard work - it truly made me one happy momma!
Should I stay or should I go now...
The nursery in the making - yes folks, the pink will be leaving.
Wow, such a nice looking floor, if I do say so myself.
Master bedroom before.
The master bedroom with new shiny floors and new accent wall. More to come about the accent wall in a future post.


Then it was onto Sunday. My day started off with a bang as the hubby and Little Miss L. presented me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I love love love fresh flowers and I can't wait to fill my home with the smell of newly cut blooms, now that spring has finally decided to show up. We packed up the car, and it was off to join my family for brunch buffet. Let's just say that I stuffed myself silly and walked out of there feeling like I had gained 10 pounds. A big thanks to my uncle and aunt for the treat; it was so nice to be able to be surrounded by such great people on such a special day.
The beautiful flowers I received.


I love this "brunch" thing says Little Miss L.

I love love love this smile.


I was in pie heaven!

My momma and Aunt K.

Every day, this little girl makes me want to become a better momma.

I could hug this baby all day long.

Four generations - this is probably take number 10 and Little Miss L. still wouldn't hold still for a single shot.

My amazing family, I am truly blessed.


After filling our bellies, it was off to the new house. I really do have two incredible men in my life. They knew exactly what would make this momma happy. They started working on our flower beds! To top it off, I have said it before but I will say it again, I have one outstanding momma! Instead of taking the time to enjoy her Mother's Day, she spent the time helping us clean/unpack, and watch Little Miss L. for us. I am sending many thank yous to all for making it such a special weekend - we truly appreciate everyones hard work!

The flower bed at the front of the house. We are taking out all of the existing plants and replacing.

The men hard at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment