- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup of melted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries (you can use frozen if you don't have any fresh on hand)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 Celsius)
- In a large bowl, mash bananas.
- In separate bowl, beat your egg. Once egg is beaten, add vanilla and sugar to the bowl. Stir until they are mixed together.
- Sprinkle baking soda and salt over the egg mixture. Stir until they are well combined.
- Add liquid mixture to mashed bananas. Stir well. Then add flour to mixture, mix well.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan.
- Optional - you can add chopped nuts on top.
- Bake for 1 hour (usually check at 45 minutes, it all depends on your oven)
- Allow loaf to cool, remove from pan.
- Serve with fresh fruit, coffee/tea, or it is great just by itself.
|All you need are these yummy fruits and you are all set.|
|Mixture just before going into the oven. Remember to butter your loaf pan.|
|The final product. I love love love my blueberry banana bread!|