Friday, May 27, 2011

29 weeks

Weekly e-mail update: His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.
How far along?: 29 weeks
How big is baby?:Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel.
Weight gain?: Hold onto your hats everyone- I am up 16 pounds!
Stretch marks?: Not yet. Lathering up the lotion.
Maternity clothes?: Sigh, I started breaking out my maternity clothes.
Food cravings?: I haven't really had any this week.
Sleep?: The bathroom breaks have started again.
Gender?: Son...son...son.
Exercise?: Now that the weather has started to co-operate, I am going back to my 30 minutes of walking each day. This week has started off well, I have even been able to add a few more minutes here and there.
What's been going on?: Okay, let me start off by saying that I PASSED my glucose test! Yes, that means I won't be going to the 3 hour test, and I am over the moon. I met with my ob/gyn on Tuesday and was informed that I passed my test, my thyroid is stable and doing well, and my hemoglobin is excellent. I am a much happier camper after hearing such great news. Baby is right on track, and I was able to hear his strong heartbeat. I really can't believe I am in my third trimester - this pregnancy is flying by. I am somewhat starting to freak myself out a bit, remembering what labour was like. I think back to the aftermath of everything and how difficult my recovery was. I just keep reminding myself how everyone says the second time around is a lot easier - you guys better be right! The house has been coming along nicely and we are slowly working on the nursery. Little Miss L. continues to talk to her brother, and gives lots of hugs and kisses. I hope this continues once he is out of my belly. Life is good and I can't complain :)
29 week belly. I am carrying a lot lower this time around.
29 week belly with pregnancy #1.
I had to share this picture...love her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment