Friday, May 6, 2011

26 weeks

Weekly e-mail update: The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air.
How far along?: 26 weeks
How big is baby?: He's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.
Weight gain?: Up 11 pounds.
Stretch marks?: Not yet. Lathering up the lotion.
Maternity clothes?: Still using the belly band with my normal clothes. Bring on the comfy clothes - I love you yoga pants!
Food cravings?: With the week I had - absolutely nothing was appetizing.
Sleep?: Sleep - what's that? Between vomiting and heartburn, they pretty much know how to kill a good night's sleep.
Gender?: Say it with me... boy.. boy.. oh boy!
Exercise?: Let's just take that word out of our vocabulary this week.
What's been going on?: It has been a long week and I am just happy it is over! Sunday evening I started to feel ill. I knew something was wrong as I felt like I would not be able to keep anything I ate down. I went to bed around 10pm and by 11pm the toilet was my best friend. I had severe vomiting from Sunday night until Monday evening ( I couldn't even keep a glass of water down). Tuesday morning I woke up feeling a little more like myself, the vomiting had stopped but I still felt nauseated and weak from the previous days. By Wednesday, I was off to the doctor's as I was aware my fluids were extremely low and I needed to bringing them up as fast as possible. The doctor went over a few different ways for me to bring my fluids back up (water, Gatorade, Popsicles etc.) because we all know how dangerous dehydration can be when carrying a little one. While I was there, we went over my recent results from blood test regarding my thyroid. Things are looking good on that end and I only had to up my dose a tad. By Thursday morning I was feeling 95% better and was regaining back some of my energy and appetite. Let's just say I am happy to be on the mend and get back to everyday routine. The little one has been moving up a storm in the belly this week, not sure if it had to do with all the crazy things happening in my belly but he sure made it clear that he was there. Happy to report we are still in the process of moving into our new home. This coming week, the painting will start, so fingers crossed next weekend will be the permanent move in! Promise pictures coming soon everyone...
26 week belly.
26 week belly with pregnancy #1.
I couldn't help but share...Little Miss L. loves giving her baby brother lots of kisses.
Little Miss L. telling her brother she can't wait for him to come out and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment