Friday, May 13, 2011

27 weeks

 Weekly e-mail update:He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.
How far along?: 27 weeks
How big is baby?: This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended.
Weight gain?: Up 13 pounds-feels like 30 though.
Stretch marks?: Not yet. Lathering up the lotion.
Maternity clothes?: Still using the belly band with my normal clothes. Not sure how much longer I am going to be able to rock out my normal jeans - the bum area is starting to get tight.
Food cravings?: Any kind of fruit - apples seem to be my fav this week.
Sleep?: I must say I can't really complain this week, sleep has been decent.
Gender?: We are going to have a son!
Exercise?: My exercise consists of cleaning, unpacking, more cleaning, and more unpacking.
What's been going on?: This past week has been a very busy one with the move happening. It has been go, go, go and it doesn't seem to be slowing down! Baby has been well, kicking away to let me know that I have a little human being growing inside of me. Started the name search, but are still without anything the hubby and I can agree on. I am scheduled to have my dreadful glucose test on Monday. I am really not looking forward to the test. Slurping down that awful tasting beverage and the feeling I got when I learned I had failed the first time around with Little Miss L... it has me a little on edge. We started working on the nursery and it is coming a long nicely. More photos to come soon.
27 week belly.
27 week belly with pregnancy #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment