Monday, May 9, 2011

mother's day

Yesterday we celebrated Mother's Day, and I must say, it was filled with lots of yummy food and lots of laughter. Sunday I was able to join my momma, nanny, and aunt for a very special brunch buffet. I couldn't have thought of a better way to spend the day - who doesn't want to be surrounded with food galore and amazing women. Thank you to all the women who inspire me everyday, I love and appreciate every one of you. I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.
My momma - one truly amazing individual.
She has taught me to cherish every moment... no matter how big, small or simple it may be - all are moments we will think back to when loved ones are gone.
She has showed me what it is to provide unconditional love and support.
Even when things are gloomy, or seem to be at there worst, she always seems to smile.
If there is one thing I will continue to do for years to come, is to try to be half the woman and mother she  is.
Nanny P, what can I say? She is one strong woman. She has taught me many things over the years. If anything, she has taught me that life will only hand you what you have put into it, so give it everything you've got.
As she always says, the key to success is hard work...nothing comes easy.
Family means sticking by each other through thick and thin; sometimes in this busy world, that is easy to forget.
These two incredible women have taught me: to be independent, to stand up for what I believe in,  to love, to appreciate every opportunity I am given and to be humble. They also taught me to remember life is too short - we never know when we may be gone, so do not take anything for granted.
My grandma B has always shown me how to have a good time. I know parenting can be one of the toughest jobs there are, but knowing she was able to raise four amazing children, I know there is hope for me.
One thing I always remember as a child is that it didn't matter if you were by yourself or in front of a crowd - it was always okay to let loose, sing, dance, do whatever your heart desired as long as you had fun doing it.
She has taught me to be adventurous, to get out there and explore the world we live in.

THANK YOU FOR PAVING THE WAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment