Friday, May 20, 2011

28 weeks

Weekly e-mail update: He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
How far along?: 28 weeks
How big is baby?: By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels.
Weight gain?: I don't have a scale at our new place- will have to get to the store to get one.
Stretch marks?: Not yet. Lathering up the lotion.
Maternity clothes?: Still using the belly band with my normal clothes. Pants are starting to get tight, might have to open my box of maternity clothes.
Food cravings?: I love love love any kind of ice cream.
Sleep?: I can't seem to get comfortable. I find if I place a pillow behind my back and under my belly, it does help a bit.
Gender?: Boy...oh boy!
Exercise?: My exercise consists of cleaning, unpacking, more cleaning, and more unpacking.
What's been going on?: Can I get a hip-hip hooray? I am in my third trimester! At the start of the week, I went to my dreaded glucose test. I was extremely nervous about forcing myself to drink that awful orange flavoured concoction. I have to admit that it was not as bad as I remembered it; with that being said, having my first pregnancy overseas, I would say the drink looked and tasted similar but the one I had to down in Portugal seemed to be of thicker consistency and definitely had a sweeter taste. It was much harder to down, and all I kept thinking about was forcing myself to drink it in five minutes without getting sick to my stomach or I would have to do the process all over again. This time around, I made it through and I will receive my results next week at my ob/gyn appointment. The little one has been consistently active this week, it feels less like kicks and feels more like he is a little worm moving about. It sometimes feels like his little foot is going to pop through my belly. Little Miss L. was lying with me on the couch the other day with her hand placed on my belly and was finally able to feel her brother kick. She informed me that she didn't like it and now is timid to touch my belly. I can't believe I have already made it to the third trimester... now it is crunch time. We definitely need to get our butts in gear to finish the nursery and find a name for our son.
28 week belly.
28 week belly with pregnancy #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment