Friday, December 30, 2011

it's a new year... welcoming 2012



As I sit here sipping on my glass of wine I can say that I love love love new beginnings and I love setting new resolutions for the coming year. As I am curled up quietly on the couch thinking of ways to improve my health,  my parenting, my marriage, my attitude, I think back on the past year. There are so many things I have to be thankful for - my health (my body allowing me to give birth naturally), my loving and supportive husband, my two beautiful children, and wonderful family and friends...what more could a girl ask for?!?!

The past year has been a busy one, but I would not change it for the world. Our family moved into our first home - yes we still have boxes waiting to be unpacked, but it truly feels like home; welcoming our son into the world - I am in awe everyday watching him grow and learn; I am proud of our daughter who has become a very independent toddler who acts like she is twice her age; we have watched our friends marry their best friends; and we have had the honour of watching others bring new life into the world. As I sit here making my list of resolutions for the new year, I am hopeful I will be able to achieve them all...
  • Become more active as a family
  • Change my eating habits - less sugar in my diet
  • Learn to use less of the words 'no, don't, stop' with our children
  • Improve my organizational skills when it comes to personal finances
  • Taking the time for more date nights with the hubby
  • Learn how to better use my camera
I know I have a long list to accomplish this coming year, but I have every reason to believe I will be able to tick them off. I can't wait to see what 2012 has in-store for us. Here's to a new day, a new year... live, love, learn, and always remember those who have touched our hearts. What are your new year resolutions?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment