Thursday, December 1, 2011

are you cpr/first aid ready?

These ladies know how important it is to be armed with the knowledge to save others. Thanks ladies for keeping the class interesting, I sure did have a few good laughs.
Picture yourself walking down the street on your way to pick up your morning coffee when the individual in front of you suddenly collapses. What would you do? Would you be confident enough to administer CPR or first aid? Are you armed with life-saving skills that could save another individuals life?

The holiday season has now arrived, which means we are busy attending parties, entertaining children who are on winter break, and let's not forget many of us will be hitting up the mall to do some shopping. With that being said, I believe it is the perfect time to remind everyone how important it is to brush-up on our CPR and first aid skills or if you have never taken a course - get out there and do so. Learning CPR and first aid are two of the simplest and most important skills anyone can learn.

To tell you the truth, the last course I had taken was when I was sixteen years old for a babysitting certificate. Being a mother of two young children and always having a house full of friends and family, I thought it was extremely important for me to refresh my memory. Over the last couple of weeks, I have completed a CPR/first aid course and I can't emphasize enough how glad I am that I did. Taking the time to learn these skills that could help save a life is more than worth it. You never know what situation you may be faced with one day, so be prepared. Remember everyone - knowledge is power!

No comments:

Post a Comment