Wednesday, June 1, 2011

only 11 weeks to go...

I came to the realization today that there are less than 12 weeks until we will be welcoming a new member into our family. The hubby and I have always talked about having our children close together in age. We both agreed that after watching several families who decided to have their wee ones close together, we just loved the dynamic between the two children. Yes, we know things will never be perfect and chances are they will probably hate each other at some point, but we also know that growing up they will be able to share and experience similar things without a huge age gap. Plus, the way we see it, we are already changing diapers day in and day out - what's adding a few more to mix?!?
With that being said, I have only a few short months left of having an only child. Little Miss L. and the little bean will only be 21 months apart. I often catch myself wondering how Little Miss L. is going to react to a new member to our family. I know our daughter has a very caring and loving personality, but will she feel abandoned? Will she wonder why her mommy and daddy are giving someone else so much attention? Will my baby girl still love her mommy the same way?
Over the past 20 months, I have been blessed to be able to stay at home and take care of my little girl. We are a team, we do everything together. She has taught me things I never even dreamed of. I depend on her just as much as she depends on me. Will that bond be broken? Will I have a broken heart? I know things will never be the same, but I hope she realizes that adding to our family is not discounting her and we do not love her any less but just adding another aspect to our already loving family... a new friend for life.
I cherish every moment I have with this precious girl, but I know in the next few months, moments like these I will keep close to my heart. I have watched my little baby turn into a toddler, develop a strong and independent personality, and now I will watch as she learns to accept a new individual into her life.
I have thought about it often - how I will be able to share my love? Will I have enough to go around? Will it be the same as with Little Miss L.? I don't know if I could love another as much as I love her. But I have heard over and over you will find enough love, there is always enough love to go around...
Little Miss L. always knows how to brighten my day. This, folks, is her happy face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment