Friday, June 17, 2011

32 weeks

Weekly e-mail update:You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.
How far along?: 32 weeks
How big is baby?: By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus.
Weight gain?: I finally was weighed this week- up 19 pounds!
Stretch marks?: Not yet. Lathering up the lotion.
Maternity clothes?: Maternity pants it is. The weather has been hot, so happy to pull out my summer dresses.
Food cravings?: Salads and apples.
Sleep?: Lots of tossing and turning happening. It has been so hot, even with the a/c on, it still feels like I am roasting by the fireplace. I believe my pillow count is up to 5 pillows now.
Gender?: Boy, oh boy!
Exercise?: Kegels. My walks have been short this week, the humid weather is making me feel ill.
What's been going on?: This week I had my ob/gyn appointment. I was surprised to see how much weight I have actually gained during this pregnancy. I defintely feel the extra weight in my lower back and it does not take long for me to be out of breath. I was excited to hear the little man's hearbeat (I will never get sick of that sound). I have come to the point in my pregnancy when I will be seeing my doctor every two weeks. My ob/gyn scheduled my last ultrasound for next week - that ultraound is to check the progress of the little one to make sure he is on the correct growth track. I am excited to see the difference from our previous ultrasound. The little man has been kicking up a storm... Little Miss L. is less afriad and even comes to put her hand on my belly to say hi. I really wish it wasn't so humid, I can deal with the heat but when you throw in the humidity, everything becomes unbearable. Still no progress on the name front, we have been searching the web but nothing has popped out.
32 week belly.
32 week belly- the little man is sitting really low.
32 week belly with pregnancy #1.
I couldn't help but share this pic of Little Miss L. from this morning. She loves to make funny faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment