The next step was to wrap daddy's gift. I must say that I do enjoy gift bags, but I was looking for something a little different and decided that I would wrap daddy's gift with Little Miss L. I was browsing the net when I came across the idea of wrapping the present like a shirt and tie. I loved the idea because I could involve Little Miss L. in the process. She had a great time wrapping the gift and loved adding all the special touches. Even though our wrapping job was not perfect - the paper was wrinkled, the tie's measurements were to be desired and the buttons were not in a straight line - I still loved the finished product because it had so much character! If you are looking for a neat way to wrap your father's day gift, look no further! It only requires a few steps and a few craft supplies.
|The final product, Little Miss L. worked so hard.|
|Added the caption on the bottom so daddy would not forget when Little Miss L. made it for him.|
Gift Wrapping Father's Day Present
- Wrapping paper or any paper you have on hand. It can be newspaper, old magazines, butcher paper etc.
- Hot glue gun or glue
- Scrapbook paper
- Scotch tape
- Wrap your present with the desired wrapping paper.
- Trace (I found a printable tie the internet) and cut out with scrapbook paper.
- Glue or tape tie into wrapping paper.
- Glue buttons onto wrapping paper.
There you have it folks, a completely handmade gift with special meaning for your fathers. To all the fathers out there, enjoy your weekend and remember how much you are loved.