Thursday, June 2, 2011

love love love popsicles!

I love love love popsicles and so does Little Miss L. There is nothing better on a hot summer's day then a nice cold treat. With all the different products out there pumped full of the bad stuff, it's hard to find ones I would give to my daughter. I thought, why not make my own? It is cheaper and I know what is going into them. Little Miss L. loves sour things, so I opted to make her lemonade and strawberry popsicles. It only takes five minutes to prepare and you can make whatever your little heart desires.


Ingredients
  • A handful of fresh strawberries.
  • A carton of lemonade (or freshly squeezed) I like to use the juicer when I have time.
Preparation
  • Pulled out my trusty popsicle mold. You can find them at your local grocery store or I was able to find some at our local dollar store. They are reusable, so great for the environment!
  • Chopped up the strawberries into small pieces. Add them to the bottom of the popsicle mold.
  • Then I poured the lemonade into the mold until it reached the top.
There you have it folks, it can't be much simpler than that! It is a great way to get the little ones to eat their fruit and the sky is the limit when making your own flavour. I also love adding my smoothies into the mold - they are a great snack for the summer. I will post my favourite smoothie recipes next week.

Enjoy this sunny weather, we can't get enough of it!
Oh, this popsicle is so good! Just relaxin' and soaking up the sun.
I could stare at those eyes all day long.
Nothing like watching the clouds roll by and enjoying a  yummy treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment