Friday, May 25, 2012

chocolate chip cookie dough recipe

Sorry, the pic is a little blurry but I was just so excited to dig in, I couldn't get a good pic.
You may remember a few weeks back when I had a girls' night to watch the Bachelorette and told you all about filling our bellies with some goodies. One of those goodies was a chocolate chip cookie dough dip with cookies. I have had several requests for me to share the recipe with all of you. I love me some sweet stuff and this recipe did not disappoint. I went on the hunt for the perfect recipe and good ol' Pinterest pulled through as I found this recipe over at thewaytohisheart . I didn't seem to be the only one who thought it was quite yummy as there were plenty of times in the days following after our girls night I walked into the kitchen to see someone dipping into it. Animal crackers were a great choice to use to scoop up all that creamy goodness. Next time you are having a girls' night in, give this recipe a try. This is definitely a sweet treat and probably not the best choice if you are trying to eat healthy but hey, every now and then it's okay to spoil yourself.

Ingredients 

  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 8-ounce block of cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips, plus extra for sprinkling (I used the normal sized chips)
Directions
  • In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
  • Whisk in the brown sugar until it dissolves and the mixture starts to bubble. Stir in vanilla and set aside to cool.
  • In a separate bowl, cream the cream cheese and powdered sugar together for 60 seconds.
  • With the mixer on low speed, add in brown sugar and butter mixture, then the salt. Mix until combined. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
  • Garnish with additional mini chocolate chips. Serve with animal crackers, Nilla wafers, or graham crackers. I found that this tasted better the colder it got.



No comments:

Post a Comment