Tuesday, March 1, 2011

going greek part 1- tzatziki sauce

I love love love Greek food - I can't get enough of it! I love working with fresh ingredients and I try do so whenever I can. This recipe for Tzatizki dip is fast and easy and is full of fresh ingredients. Serve with fresh pita bread, veggies, or meat (chicken and lamb are great options.) I like to make a large batch to have for the week as it is great for lunches.

Ingredients
  • 1 large lemon
  • 3 garlic cloves (you can just use 1 clove but I love garlic!)
  • 2 seeded and diced cucumbers
  • 3 Tablespoons fresh dill ( you can use 1 Tbsp. but I love fresh dill!)
  • Pinch of fresh pepper (or to taste)
  • Pinch of sea salt (or to taste)
  • 3 cups (750 ml) plain Greek yogourt
Preparation
  • After seeding and dicing cucumbers, place in colander in the sink. Sprinkle on salt and let cucumbers release water and drain for at least 30 minutes.
  • In food processor, add lemon juice, garlic cloves, seeded and diced cucumbers, fresh dill, grounded black pepper and sea salt. Process until well combined.
  • Stir in plain Greek yogourt.
Note: I like to refrigerate dip for several hours to allow all the flavours to infuse. 
I love fresh ingredients!
Peel cucumbers.
Remember to remove seeds as you don't want to make the dip watery.
The finished product with fresh pita bread...yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment