Friday, March 18, 2011

19 weeks

Weekly e-mail update: Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.
How far along?: 19 weeks
How big is baby?: Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato
Weight gain?: Still holding strong at 4 pounds.
Stretch marks?: Not yet. Lathering up the lotion.
Maternity clothes?: Not yet - still getting away with using my normal clothes if I use the belly band.
Food cravings?: I haven't really experienced any cravings this week.
Sleep?: Knock on wood - things have been going well in this department.
Movement?: Little flutters here and there.
Gender?: 95% sure we will find out the sex.
Exercise?: Spring is finally here which means I actually want to go outside. My goal now is to walk at least 30 minutes day.
What's been going on?: Nothing too exciting has been happening this week. I must say that my nausea has been a bit better. During this pregnancy, my sense of smell has been out of this world. I can pick up a scent from a mile away - this makes changing Little Miss L.'s diapers not a very fun process.  
My famous belly band!

No comments:

Post a Comment