Friday, March 11, 2011

18 weeks

Weekly e-mail update: He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.
How far along?: 18 weeks
How big is baby?: Head to rump, baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces.
Weight gain?: Still holding strong at 4 pounds.
Stretch marks?: Not yet. Lathering up the lotion.
Maternity clothes?: Not yet - I absolutely love the belly band! I wear the band with all my pants. By using the belly band, I was able to go to 7 months in my normal clothes with the first pregnancy. I have a feeling that won't happen this time around - but hey, a girl can dream.
Food cravings?: I have never really been a big fan of milk but for some reason a nice glass of cold milk is just what I want. I also seem to have a "thing" for dill pickle chips (and no not together with milk!)
Sleep?: I have been having great sleeps except for the bathroom break every night.
Movement?: Starting to feel the little flutters!
Gender?: 95% sure we will find out the sex.
Exercise?: Nada right now- does running after a 17 month old count? Starting to make an effort to remember to do my kegel exercises though.
What's been going on?: This week was really exciting because I finally started to feel the little one move. I can't wait until those kicks are a little stronger so I am able to share them with the hubby. I am still experiencing sickness-  still seems to happen in the morning and then just the feeling of nauseousness throughout the day. My next appointment with my ob/gyn is on the 29th - hopefully, he will schedule our next ultrasound a week or two after that...which likely means we will find out if Little Miss L. will have a little brother or sister.

Note: I apologize for the scary looking pictures but you are getting the just rolled out of bed look - that's right, no make-up, in my pjs, and I haven't even brushed my hair...so please, no judging :)
The belly is starting to feel quite big.
Sometimes I feel like there is complete chaos happening around me but  once I grab a nice hot cup of tea everything seems better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment