Friday, March 25, 2011

20 weeks

Weekly e-mail update: He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).
How far along?: 20 weeks
How big is baby?: Baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana
Weight gain?: I have gained 5 pounds.
Stretch marks?: Not yet. Lathering up the lotion.
Maternity clothes?: Still using the belly band. I can't wait for summer to get here so I can wear my sundresses!
Food cravings?: I love love love frozen grapes.
Sleep?: Feeling awfully congested lately - wakes me up several times a night.
Movement?: The little bean has been laying low this week.
Gender?: Hoping in the next few weeks we might be able to find out.
Exercise?: I have managed to keep up with the 30 minute walks a day :)
What's been going on?: Woohoo, I made it to the half way mark. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy seems to be going by. I guess with a 17 month old running around, I don't have as much time to sit and analyze everything like I did with the first pregnancy. This week I received good news from my doctor.  Some background - I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism in my second month of pregnancy. I knew something else was going on besides the normal pregnancy symptoms. I was extremely tired all the time ( I mean once 12pm rolled around I couldn't even keep my eyes open and I was in bed at 6pm), felt like fainting, my skin was so dry it looked like the desert and my weight was increasing at an extremely rapid pace. Once I was able to find out what was going on with my body and take immediate treatment, I have been feeling a million times better. This week I got my monthly results back and everything is looking up. I'm excited for next Tuesday as I have my appointment with my ob/gyn - hopefully I will be able to hear the little ones heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment