Monday, March 14, 2011

good food...great friends...

Hi everyone! I hope all of you had a fantastic weekend. My weekend was filled with lots of great food, great friends, and lots of laughter (just the way I like it!) I started my weekend off early - on Thursday night I was joined by a wonderful group of friends for a birthday celebration. Yes, my birthday was the week before, but one of my girls who lives out of town was able to come and join us that evening (we take what we can get...we miss ya!) We dined on pizza and pasta at cute little Italian restaurant. With everyone's busy schedules, it is hard for everyone to get together, so it was the perfect opportunity to catch up on what's been happening over the past few months. Thanks again ladies for such a fun night.

Saturday we finally had the joy of meeting my girlfriend's daughter for the first time. Some of you might remember the belly photos I took a few months back - momma-to-be had a beautiful pregnancy glow.  This proud new momma was just beaming- motherhood suits her well. My girlfriend had a little potluck dinner for all of the girls to come over and meet the little one. I really don't know how she pulled it off after only giving birth two weeks ago, but more power too you... if I remember correctly, after two weeks, I was a hot mess - probably hadn't showered in days, and was walking around like a zombie from the lack of sleep. Little Miss L. was able to meet baby E. for the first time and she was in love. I couldn't stop smiling when she would go over and give her a big kiss or when she would point out all of baby E.'s body parts. I hope the trend continues and she will be as happy to have a little one around when her brother or sister arrives.
My birthday dinner with my fabulous friends! There is never a dull moment to be had when these girls are around.
Little Miss L. meeting Little Miss E. for the very first time. Her first reaction was to give her a big kiss.
Is she not the cutest little thing? I love all of her beautiful dark hair.
I love this picture of Little Miss L., Auntie Jenn, and Baby E.
Momma feed me!
Little Miss L. took every opportunity to touch and talk to baby E. I think she will be a great big sister.
All the ladies and babies. I love all of you girls - such strong, independent and loving women!
No get together is complete with out some sweet treats! These yummy Snicker bar cupcakes were delicious. I will have to get the recipe from Auntie Jenn.
You can never go wrong with chocolate covered strawberries!
My favourite picture of all the girls - Baby E. is surrounded by so much love.  She will definitely have lots of shopping buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment