Friday, August 9, 2013

baby d's baptism part 2

I know, I promised you guys this post last week but I am so far behind on my blogging that I am trying to pull out any energy I have to share what's been going on around here. It seems like life has been a bit of a blur lately and I am hoping to slow things down soon. Before we head into the weekend, I wanted to share the final instalment of Baby D's baptism with all of you.

We lucked out and had the perfect day to host Baby D's baptism at our home. The sun was out and it wasn't overly hot, so the kiddos enjoyed playing outside and the adults could enjoy few cold beverages outdoors. We decided to go low-key this time around, mostly because I am not up to much these days. We invited everyone back to our place for lunch and went with the theme "make your own." Our guests were greeted with a salad bar, make your sandwiches and of course we had to have Baby D's favourites too - chicken cutlets and pasta! If our guests were still hungry they could fill their bellies up with the sundae bar and lots of sweet treats like cookies, cheesecake and so much more. I decided to go with simple decorations such as mason jars with baby's breath and lots of butcher paper. I felt this suited the day as Baby D is no longer a little baby, the theme needed to be a bit more mature, yet down to earth, like the man of the hour.

We can't thank our friends and family enough for coming out and joining us on such a special day for Baby D. - he is surrounded by so much love which was very evident on this day.

First let's check out the grub....
Salad bar.
The spread.
Dress-up your sandwich.
Dessert table (my favourite)
Sundae bar with lots of sweet treats and fresh berries.
I love summer time fruit.
The drink station.

Now let's check out the company...
Beautiful Aunties!
Baby C chilling with his mommy.
The girls getting ready to hit-up the pool.
Time to eat.
No caption needed here.
The girls enjoying their sundaes.
A wonderful couple.
Baby D hanging with his cousin.

We can not thank you all enough for your generous gifts and love to our little man...

No comments:

Post a Comment