Friday, August 23, 2013

36 weeks

How far along?: 36 weeks
How big is baby?: Baby now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long (about the size of a head of romaine lettuce).
Weight gain?: I have been packing on the pounds. I am up 30 pounds!!
Stretch marks?: Lots of extra virgin olive oil to help with my stretching skin.
Maternity clothes?: Nothing feels comfortable. I have been really hot, so I mostly turn to shorts and a tank.
Food cravings?: I haven't really wanted to eat much these days. Drinking lots of water.
Sleep?: Sleep has not been too bad when I actually have the chance to get some. I am up a few times a night for the good ol' bathroom break or a leg cramp.
Gender?: A little boy.
Exercise?: I haven't been up to much as I have been experiencing intense Braxton Hicks contractions when I walk or bend over.
What's been going on? I am behind on this post as I turned 36 weeks on Tuesday. I have been slow moving these days and had a little panic attack last Friday. Let's just say I was having a lot of contractions and thought I was going to have to head to the hospital but thankfully they disappeared after 7 hours. After that little wakening, I realized we are definitely not prepared - no hospital bag, no clothes washed for baby, no name... the list goes on. The next week or so we are going to be in overdrive to get our list ticked off. I know you can never fully be prepared as we have done this twice before but as the nesting instincts set in, this momma wants to bring her little man into the best home possible. Maybe baby x sensed all the excitement lately as his big sister started school and his big brother just celebrated his birthday. I have a feeling he wants to join the party. Momma will be happy if you wait just a bit longer.
Excuse the not-so-great photo., the hubby was in a rush.

Check out week 36 with baby #1 and #2 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment