Thursday, May 30, 2013

tiny dancer

Our little girl did it, she participated in her first ever dance recital! As most of you remember, it was a rocky start as she began taking dance classes. Little Miss L. took a while to get involved in class and enjoy what she was doing. After months of practice, it was time for her year-end dance recital. I was not sure how this would go over with Little Miss L. because at first she seemed excited about the idea of dancing about on a big stage but the closer we got to the big day, she became unsure of the whole thing.

We were expecting the worst but hoping for the best as we piled into the van and headed to the recital. Little Miss L. had a huge smile on her face as she pointed out the make-up she was allowed to wear. I was waiting for the break-down as we were driving down the road, but it didn't seem to be happening. We reached our destination and headed into the building where I took Little Miss L. to her change area; again I was expecting this to be the moment she would break down and tell me not to leave but instead, she gave me a big smile and two thumbs up as I walked away to take my seat.

I waited patiently for her number to come on and the moment I saw my little girl cross the stage for the very first time, I thought I was going to burst into tears. I couldn't believe my little girl was so grown-up as she stood on stage tapping her little heart out. I could have not been any prouder of my little girl.

After the performance, it was time to congratulate our little girl on a job well done. Little Miss L. was over the moon happy when she received flowers, gifts and lots of hugs. I will check this one off the list as a success.



2 comments: