Thursday, May 23, 2013

mother's day

Things have been so busy around here that I am behind on getting posts out to share with everyone. I first wanted to give you a peek into our Mother's Day festivities. I was one spoiled, loved, and appreciated momma that day. When people ask me what I do for a living, my response is always the same, I have the best job in the world because I am a mother. Each day, I am reminded how lucky I am to care for two of the most precious human beings I know and excited to be carrying another angel. I know there are days that I want to scream and shout and lock myself in the bathroom to get away from the chaos but I know I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. I have been lucky in life to be surrounded by women who are strong, compassionate, and just plain awesome. They give me something to work towards each and every day to become a better mother. Yes, Mother's Day comes around once a year, but to me, it should be celebrated year round - to the women who have brought human beings into this world, for those of you who are struggling to do so, for those of you who have opened your home to others, and for the ones who have fur-covered babies... each and every one of you need to be celebrated.

This Mother's Day I was able to sleep in, wake up to my beautiful children smiling as they handed me a bouquet of beautiful roses and the best part - a cake for BREAKFAST! They know mommy has the biggest sweet tooth and they were happy to join in on the sugary goodness first thing in the morning. After spending the morning with my babies receiving cuddles and kisses it was time to head to grandma's house to celebrate with Nona and great-grandma. The weather was -well, there is no other way to say it - crap. It didn't stop us from spending time with the ones we loved over yummy food and lots of laughs.

I hope all of you had a fabulous day, as I sure did!
My little girl hiding as she quickly ate part of the breakfast she picked out for mommy. Mommy didn't get a chance to try it but it was all worth it when she told daddy that mommy likes to share lol.
My angels.
Waiting patiently to head to grandma's house.
This boy is getting so big. I call him my little trickster. 
"Mommy, take my picture because I am wearing a pretty dress."
Love this boy more than words can express.
All ready to head to grandma's with his airplane backpack.
Spending time with my beautiful grandmother.
All giggles with my little man.
Little Miss L. gives dinner a thumb up.
The ladies :)
Grandpa and grandma with their grandchildren and great-grandchildren.



No comments:

Post a Comment