Wednesday, May 29, 2013

shanna's eats: fresh tzatziki pizza

One of my cravings this pregnancy has been tzatziki - I absolutely can not get enough of it. I could eat it first thing in the morning as I was getting out of bed if I thought it was socially acceptable! One of my go-to snacks or a light lunch is a fresh tzatziki pizza. Not only do I love love love this pizza but so do the kids. It is quick and easy and tastes even better when you can use the veggies growing in your garden. This is a great opportunity to teach your children about harvesting their on veggies and then making a scrumptious meal to fill their bellies.

This pizza is simply naan bread toasted with tzatziki and topped with Lebanese cucumbers, red peppers, cherry tomatoes and a little fresh ground pepper and sea salt. I like to add crumbled feta cheese on top but did not have any on hand the day I made this bad boy. I especially love this meal as it does not require any cooking time, the veggies are uncooked providing us with as many nutrients as possible and it's just pretty to look at.

Give this one a try and I know you will not be disappointed!

Happy Eating!!!

1 comment: