Friday, November 18, 2011

crayon art

It has been several weeks now since I had seen the crayon art idea floating around the web and thought it would be a fun idea to do with Little Miss L. I quickly learned this project would be one that I would finish on my own. Little Miss L. enjoyed picking out the colours she wanted to use, calling out each colour as she went and placing the crayons ever so carefully in place. Then it came time to use the hair dryer, she was like a lightning bolt and bolted right out of the room. I guess she still has not overcome her fear of the hair dryer. I love love loved the end result, I love the burst of colour it adds to our playroom.
Only a few supplies are needed. Hot glue gun, hair dryer, canvas, and crayons.
Little Miss L. picked out her favourite colours and lined them up.
Next step is to hot glue each crayon onto the canvas.
Made sure the hair dryer was on hot and high and then let the hot air do it's magic. This project can be messy, so it is best to do outdoors. If  the great outdoors do not work for you, place lots of newspaper down. 
I love love loved the finished product!
It fits perfectly into our playroom. Every time a child comes over, they love to point it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment