Wednesday, August 24, 2011

t-shirt fun

Little Miss L. has finally become a big sister. The hubby and I had been looking for ways to  prepare our 21 month old, only child for a new sibling. Together with her, we have talked about it, read about it, and even practiced with baby dolls. I was so happy to receive an e-mail a few weeks back from a mother of two and a friend of mine - Jaime so kindly gave us some pointers on a few activities her family had done to prepare for their second child. I love love love one of the ideas Jaime shared with us... she had her young son make a t-shirt to wear once his little brother arrived. I love a good craft project and this was just what I was looking for. It gave the hubby and I chance to explain once again to Little Miss L., she would be a big sister soon and when the special day arrived she would be able to wear something she made especially for that moment. This is a great activity to open up conversation and explore their artistic side; thanks again Jaime!
Picked up an inexpensive plain t-shirt and fabric paint...
Little Miss L. loved the idea...
It did get a little messy...
The finished product!

Little Miss L. is so proud to wear her new shirt...
P.S. I will have a special guest post with Jaime later this week with great tips and feedback on being a parent of two.

No comments:

Post a Comment