Saturday, August 6, 2011

39 weeks

Weekly e-mail update:Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth. The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.
How far along?: 39 weeks
How big is baby?: He already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.)
Weight gain?: Wow, I can totally feel the weight gain in the last week, I am up to 29 pounds!
Stretch marks?: Not yet. Lathering up the lotion. There have been a few blood vessels that have popped and my belly button is an outie now.
Maternity clothes?: The lack of purchasing maternity clothes has now caught up to me. The last week has been difficult to find things that fit properly and feel comfortable. Hoping the little one will join us soon, then I won't have to worry about this problem anymore.
Food cravings?: Still on my fruit Popsicle kick.
Sleep?: Sleep is still not happening. I am just so uncomfortable with the leg cramps, heartburn, and hot flashes.
Gender?: BOY!
Exercise?: I have to say my energy level has decreased this week. I haven't really dedicated time to exercise because I have been running around here and there with Little Miss L. I wanted to spend as much mommy and Little Miss L. time as I could because I know these are going to be the last few days we have alone. We have spent the week park-hopping, and let me tell you, that was enough exercise for me!
What's been going on?: This week has been a busy one. Everyday this week has been go go go. Little Miss L. and I spent a lot of quality time together which was nice. I had my ob/gyn appointment on Thursday. Everything is looking good - I am gaining weight, the heartbeat was strong, and baby is sitting really low. The doctor said the little one could join us any day now - I am hoping we won't be seeing my ob/gyn next Thursday. The hubby and I are still not sure on a name, I am hoping it comes to us before the little man arrives. Well, I am off to go for walk.... let's hope it leads somewhere!
39 week belly.
39 week belly.
39 week belly with pregnancy #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment