Monday, July 25, 2011

weekend catch-up

The weekend started off rough. I was looking forward to the hubby arriving home on Friday night - it had been a long week, and I couldn't wait to have some down time with my man. Unfortunately, it was not meant to be. The hubby's flight was delayed and then it just so happened the plane broke down. One thing led to another and the hubby missed his connection and was unable to make it home until later in the afternoon on Saturday. 

Well, with the hubby still not home, it was just Little Miss L. and myself. Saturday morning, I stepped outside on the deck to let the dog out and once he had finished, I went to open the patio door to find it was locked. I looked in the window and found Little Miss L. giggling to herself. She had locked the patio door and thought it was the funniest thing. I asked her to unlock it, but she could not figure it out. After a few minutes of trying to coax her then realizing she was unable to do it... the panic started to set in. What was I going to do? The doors were all locked? I did not have a key, and once I looked down and realized that I was still wearing my pajamas I really did not want to go to the neighbours for help. After about 20 minutes, Little Miss L. started to panic as well, she realized after she kept asking me to come inside and I was not able, that something was wrong. So, I started on the hunt. I remembered that I had been cleaning the windows the day before and maybe, just maybe, I had accidentally forgot to lock one when I was finished. I ran as fast as I could to each window with my fingers crossed, and as luck would have it, one was open! I squeezed my preggo body through the window and jumped in. I was in shock, I never leave things unlocked, but for some reason, I was one lucky momma that day. I ran to my baby girl still looking out the patio door for her mom. As soon as she saw me, she wrapped her little arms around me and told me she was sorry. As much as I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs, I was just so thankful that nothing had happened.

After a tiring Saturday, I was hoping to have a relaxing Sunday. I woke up early at 7:00am with contractions! I was a little worried that the time had come and I was totally not prepared. I jumped out of bed and started thinking about all the things that needed to be done. Within two hours, I was able to do two loads of laundry, get dinner ready, finish packing my hospital bag, and a few other odds and ends around the house. By noon, my contractions had died down and I realized that maybe it wasn't quite time yet. The rest of the day I decided to slow down and spend some quality time with my family. Our family of three will soon be a family of four and I want to cherish these moments with our little girl before we will have to share our time with another child. We did just that - enjoyed the sun, a yummy bbq, and a low-key summer afternoon...
Little Miss L. enjoying the sun.
How can you bbq without a cold one?
We love our tomato plant - thank you Nonna and Gumpy!
There is nothing like a bbq in the summer- thanks Biba and Grandma.
Little Miss L. loves green beans. We love love love all the fresh veggies in the summer.
She also is a big fan of corn on the cob.
I randomly catch Little Miss L. seemingly practicing yoga...
Look at this flexibility! 
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment