- 2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa grain. I like to use Inari Organic Quinoa - you can buy it online with free shipping here
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 Roma tomatoes chopped (I usually take the flesh part out)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 garlic clove minced (or if you love love love garlic like I do, use 2)
- 1 tbsp minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/8 tsp of fresh black pepper
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers chopped (optional)
- Rinse quinoa with cold water before cooking to remove any powdery residue that many remain on the seeds.
- Follow cooking directions on package.
- Prepare all of the ingredients above.
- Toss together all ingredients in large bowl.
- Chill for 1 hour or more to allow flavours to blend.
- Serve as a side dish with meat such as chicken or beef or alone with pita bread.
|The finished product.|