Wednesday, January 19, 2011

sneaky spaghetti

Many of us are always looking for ways to get the essential nutrients which our bodies require. As a parent, you are always wondering if your young child is getting proper nutrition. With everyone's busy schedules, it can be hard to prepare nutritious and healthy meals on a budget. With that being said, I thought I would share with you one of the ways I prepare meals to make sure that each meal is loaded with the essential nutrients our family needs to stay healthy. It is also great for the picky little eaters in your household, they won't even know they are chowing down on a meal full of the good stuff.

Making a deliciously fresh pasta sauce is always a great choice because it is healthy, inexpensive and great for leftovers. You can load the sauce up with a variety of vegetables that you have on hand. I love to throw everything into mine such as fresh carrots, celery, onions, red and green peppers, garlic, and fresh herbs such as rosemary, parsley, and basil. I chop up all veggies, sauté them in the pan, add tomatoes and chopped herbs (you can use dried if you don't have any fresh on hand), and simmer for an hour. After I have allowed my sauce to simmer, I get out my trusty hand blender and blend the sauce. Allow sauce to simmer for another 30 minutes. Voila, you now have a healthy meal full of essential nutrients and it is ready to serve over hot pasta. Enjoy!
The finished product. Add freshly grated parmesan cheese for the perfect touch!

Let the spaghetti eating begin!

Yum, this is pretty good!

Okay, you caught me...I have noodles everywhere!

Spaghetti overload, I think I am full!

No comments:

Post a Comment