Wednesday, April 4, 2012

80 is the new 25

You truly are as old as you feel - just ask my stunning 80 year old grandmother. She doesn't feel a day over 25! This past weekend, we celebrated my grandmother's 80th birthday. We started off with a family gathering on Saturday night. It was a great night of yummy food, lots of laughs, and ended it off with a good ol' shot for the coming year.

Sunday arrived and it was time to surprise grandma with an afternoon tea. Lots of wonderful ladies gathered for the afternoon to sip on tea and dine on an array of sandwiches. It was nice to see so many generations gathered in one room to honour such a beautiful mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, friend, and wife.

I must say I am pretty lucky in my life to have such role models to look up to. I only hope I can achieve what my grandmother has when I am 80 years old.

Today you are about 29,332 days old. Now 80 doesn’t sound so bad does it...
Time for a good ol' shot to celebrate!
I know three ladies who like cake.
Toasting a wonderful woman.
SURPRISE!
Tea time.
Isn't it fun to have a good ol' fashioned tea party!
Surprises everywhere.
The ladies.
What's a good party without cake?!

No comments:

Post a Comment