I tried to remember exactly what we did but my life is kind of a blur lately. It went something like this...
- 60 Roma tomatoes, peeled
- 2 large red peppers
- 2 large green peppers
- 5 large onions
- 3 heads of garlic
- 2 large cans of tomato paste
- 5 Jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups vinegar
- 8 teaspoons of sea salt
- Blend - or if you like your salsa chunky, chop - tomatoes, peppers, garlic, jalapenos, and onions.
- Place in large pot. Add sugar, vinegar, tomato paste, and salt.
- Simmer for 2 hours, stirring often.
- Jar and process... then enjoy!
|Jenn working hard.|
|The finished product.|
|Little Miss L. couldn't wait to get her hands on a jar of salsa.|
|Mommy, can we please eat it now?!?!|