Monday, June 24, 2013

27 weeks


 Note: I'm still catching up and week 28 will also be posted this week.

How far along?: 27 weeks
How big is baby?: This week, baby weighs almost 2 pounds (about the size of a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with their legs extended.
Weight gain?: To be honest, I have not checked this week. I will have to wait until my OB appointment next week.
Stretch marks?: Lathering up to keep those bad boys away.
Maternity clothes?: I did give in the other day and head to Old Navy where I purchased a few summer dresses, a skirt and two tank tops. I have to agree these maternity clothes are more comfortable than my everyday wear.
Food cravings?: I have been craving chocolate chip muffins. I satisfied this craving yesterday :)
Sleep?: I can't complain because the last few weeks I have been sleeping the best I have all pregnancy
Gender?: Another male will be joining our household.
Exercise?: Walks and running after the kiddos. I find after a 30 minute walk, I have lots of pressure and don't really want to continue any further.
What's been going on? This week I had my dreaded glucose test. You know, the one where you have to drink that orange goop that doesn't not taste pretty and then wait an hour to be tested. I did not find out my results but likely will hear next week at my regular OB appointment. I have my fingers and toes crossed everything is perfect as I do not want to have to do the two hour glucose test (double yuck). I have been getting leg cramps again. I wake up at night in pain and I jump out of bed screaming to release the tension in my calf. Baby has been busy kicking away and letting me know when he wants some down time. We still have not decided on a name which has been extremely hard this time around.
The look on my face says "OMG, I can't believe I still have another trimester to get through!

Check out week 27 with baby #1 and #2 here.

No comments:

Post a Comment