Thursday, December 23, 2010

house crashing

I love the holiday season for many reasons and one of my favourite things to do is explore other people's homes at this time of year. I'm intrigued by what colours, themes, and decor ideas others decide to incorporate. With that said, I decided to crash my parents' home and thought I would share it with you! This year, my momma decided to go with traditional red, green, and gold – perfect choice, might I add. You don't need to go over the top, hints of these three colours throughout the home bring a beautiful Christmas feel without overwhelming anyone who may walk through the door. Let's start the tour!
As you enter their home you notice the non-traditional wreath. The pop of colour is very inviting!

Poinsettia-themed centerpiece with pine cones and gold accents using Christmas bulbs.
Simple fireplace mantel with red poinsettias, faux greenery,
stunning candle holders with cream candles and gold ribbon to tie it all off.
Close up of candles on the fireplace mantel with gold ribbon.
This rustic centerpiece with faux greenery and a combination of gold candles, poinsettias,
ribbon, and glitter sticks, looks great on top of the gold tablecloth in the dining room.
If you have a small area that needs a little something, this candle holder surrounded by faux greenery
and spray painted pine cones adds a great touch to any area.
Keeping with the colour theme, a beautiful green and gold place-setting is used. If you are looking for an inexpensive napkin holder, try using curling ribbon in your desired colour.
I love the white and gold ceramic figurines throughout the house; it ties everything together.
Bright gold bows brighten up any room!
Red and gold ornaments adorn the Christmas tree.
As I mentioned Tuesday, Little Miss L. and I love their red and gold Christmas tree.


So, there you have it folks! I hope you enjoyed the tour of my parents home, and it has inspired you to add a little red, green, and gold to your holiday decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment