This is my favourite pancake recipe to use. You can also make the batter the day before and refrigerate overnight. Keep plain or add seasonal fruit for a burst of flavour.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat a lightly oiled griddle/pan over medium-high heat.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg, olive oil, vanilla, and milk. Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients. Beat until smooth. If you would like to add fruit, mix at this stage.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the hot griddle/pan, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Flip pancake when you see the top start to bubble.
- Add your favourite topping, serve hot and enjoy!
|You can use butter or oil.|
|We decided to go with blueberries!|
|The end result after using our Christmas cookie cutters.|
|Little Miss L. decided she wanted the candy cane pancake.|
Happy Holidays everyone from our family to yours! Thank you to everyone who has continued to support in love with the small things. Pin It