Tuesday, December 17, 2013

our monkey turned four

Well, it's about time I shared with all of you Little Miss L's 4th birthday celebration. Several weeks went by and each week I would ask Little Miss L. how she would like to celebrate her birthday. Each week she would respond with a different answer. One week she would like a princess-themed party, next a butterfly theme, followed by Barbie ideas then Dora etc. you get the picture. I finally realized letting a soon-to-be four year old decide was probably not my best bet.

As most of you know, I always look forward to hosting my children's birthday parties. I still remember all the effort my parents put into my birthday parties to make sure I had an absolutely fabulous day. I can only hope to live up to what my parents provided. I love hosting parties at our home but this time around I had to admit defeat as I knew hosting a party in our home with a newborn is not exactly what I wanted to do.

After going through a list of different places I found the perfect match. Our daughter loves gymnastics so what better place than the gym to host her party. Little Miss L. had an absolute blast running around with her friends and family. After getting their energy out, they filled their bellies with lots of yummy treats.

Thank you again to everyone who came out to celebrate her big day. It means so much to us to have so many wonderful people surrounding our family. Also, a big thank you to our surprise visitors - it made our weekend extra special.

P.s. I have to admit I enjoyed the easy clean up. I didn't have to spend hours afterwards cleaning and organizing our home.


No comments:

Post a Comment