Tuesday, March 19, 2013

14 weeks

Some of you may recall that I maintained a weekly pregnancy blog while expecting Baby D. I love the fact that I can look back on the progress of the pregnancy and have decided to do the same this time around.

How far along?: 14 weeks
How big is baby?: From head to bottom, baby measures 3 1/2 inches - about the size of a lemon - and weighs about 1 1/2 ounces.
Weight gain?: I am up 4 pounds.
Stretch marks?: I never experienced stretch marks during my first two pregnancies but noticed a few after having Baby D as I returned to pre-baby weight. I have been lathering on the olive oil and have noticed those post-pregnancy stretch marks are getting lighter!
Maternity clothes?: I have not bought any maternity clothes yet. My pants are definitely tight around the waist and I often have to unzip the zipper. Leggings are my best friend!
Food cravings?: I was extremely sick in the first trimester. I did not want to look, smell, or eat anything. I actually lost weight in the first trimester. Only in the last week have I been able to get my appetite back and gain some weight. I have been eating a lot of apples lately.
Sleep?: Sleep... what is sleep? I haven't had a good night's sleep in months. I am constantly waking through the night because I cannot seem to get comfortable. It could also be the fact that I am having some crazy dreams these days.
Gender?: Do not know. As it stands, the hubby would prefer to let this little bundle be a surprise because we didn't wait for the first two but I am all for finding out the sex of this little bean as soon as we can.
Exercise?: Let's just say that going up and down the stairs has been pretty much the extent of my physical activity.
What's been going on? Last week was a big week for us. We got to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time and we also had an ultrasound. Our baby was moving around like a little fish and even did a perfect headstand. Last week, we finally let the cat out of the bag and told our family and friends. Thank you to everyone for their well wishes, we are truly blessed to have such great people in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment