Wednesday, April 6, 2011

rainy days

I love love love the smell of April showers and yesterday did not disappoint. I love the sound of the rain drops against the window. After it is all said and done, I love the little puddles that appear all over the place. Once you find a puddle, there is only one thing to do of course - jump in! I truly love being a mommy for many reasons, but I think I most love the fact I can be a kid all over again. Rainy days means pouring a cup of hot tea while in your warm house as you gaze out the window knowing how cold those tiny little drops are; cuddling in a soft blanket and reading your favourite book; or bulding that famous tower and then knocking it over once it is completed. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for summer, but every now and then, I love a rainy day!
Little Miss L. building her tower...over...and over again.
Who are you looking at momma?
A rainy day spent reading our favourite books.
The quiet moments I will cherish forever as my little girl reads to me.
I can't believe in a few days this blue eyed baby will be 18 months.
Splish Splash!

And as we splash around in the puddles outside, we stop and remember to dance like no one is watching and to sing like no one can hear...

The Rain
Pitter-patter, raindrops,
Falling from the sky;
Here is my umbrella
To keep me safe and dry!

When the rain is over,
And the sun begins to glow,
Little flowers start to bud,
And grow and grow and grow!

By Bethany Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment