Wednesday, November 6, 2013

halloween recap

Ok, I have finally come out of my Halloween sugar-coma. This year, I was looking forward to the big night of trick-or-treating as both of the older kiddos understood what the celebration was all about and they both were old enough to walk on there own (woohoo, no more aching back at the end of the night.) The kids didn't really have a choice when it came to costumes this year - I know, bummer eh? Each year, Halloween arrives and it is always either cold, raining or snowing. One afternoon, while we were out running our family errands, I came across skeleton onesies. I thought this would work perfectly as I could layer underneath and the onesies would keep them warm. Little Miss L. wasn't too thrilled with the idea as she wanted to be a princess, so to win her over, I suggested she wore a princess costume to school and sported the skeleton in the evening (see I am not that mean.)

With costumes ready and candy purchased, it was time to get down to business. We started our night with a spooky inspired dinner. Who doesn't love blood juice and green worms? After dinner, we headed out to my sister- and brother-in-law's to join them for trick-or-treating. It ended up being the perfect night for all the kiddos as the rain stopped just in time and it was actually pretty warm out... of course, on the year I am actually prepared for crap weather! The kids filled their bags and I may have sampled a few chocolate bars for them. I loved hearing both of the kids excitedly yelling trick-or-treat and smiling as they walked away with a bag of goodies.

Well, that about sums up our Halloween. I hope all of you had a spooktacular time!

No comments:

Post a Comment